As the HR Operations Manager, you will be responsible for helping Relyance AI find, develop, motivate, and retain a world-class team of builders and innovators. You will help shape and act as the champion for a forward-thinking company culture, and will be responsible for overseeing and managing all operations of our HR department. You will also partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their organizations. This will involve driving recruitment of the best talent, coaching on team leadership, helping to resolve employee relations issues, and managing programs that help develop staff.
- Establish and maintain clear and responsive HR procedures, policies, and best practices to manage a rapidly growing organization, including employee relations, recruitment, benefits management, payroll, and orientation.
- In coordination with the Director of Talent, create and manage a solid recruiting funnel, including writing job postings, advertising open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, and drafting offer letters.
- Serve as an advisor to business leaders, helping them navigate the complexity of building, retaining, and growing their teams from a human resources lens.
- Serve as a primary point person for employee inquiries and concerns, such as addressing demands, grievances, absences, etc., as well as refereeing disputes, participating in disciplinary and termination meetings, and conducting exit interviews.
- Help establish Relyance AI’s company culture and build our employer brand with a focus on diversity and creating lasting change as we continue to scale.
- Build systems that ensure employee and workplace morale, career growth, and retention.
- Build and manage a data-driven benefits program and handle benefits management issues including evaluating cost-effectiveness of benefits, conducting periodic training sessions, proactively developing resources such as quick guides for benefits and processes, and helping leadership understand marketability of the overall compensation package.
- Implement and lead programs such as employee performance review, new staff orientation and onboarding, internal mobility, recognition programs, etc.
- Provide thought leadership and training in areas such as people management, complaint and escalation handling, conflict resolution, etc.
- Partner with Finance in payroll services and processing management, including processing attendance and payroll data, reporting to payroll services, and check verification and distribution.
- Identify, recommend, and implement operational improvements to streamline HR processes and procedures, such as the personnel handbook.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have at least 3+ years of demonstrated experience in the human resources field; tech and/or legal HR experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Have experience working in the early stages of a high-growth startup company.
- Have strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Have the inherent ability to appropriately recognize, convey, and address the sensitive nature of any situation.
- Have the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential.
- Are passionate about working with employees from varied professional backgrounds and disciplines, including tech, sales, marketing, and law.
- Are able to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues.
- Are able to coach, mentor, and advise where appropriate to help managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Have excellent interpersonal, facilitation, presentation, and employee-facing skills.
- Are a critical thinker and expert problem-solver with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Drive, etc), and recruiting platforms.