Take on a leading role in helping Relyance AI design and deliver the most cutting-edge privacy and data protection solutions in the industry today. Help lead a world-class team of engineers and designers to ensure that our products truly are the most compliant, innovative solutions in the exciting and dynamic field of data protection.
The VP of Product will act as a key member of the leadership team and be responsible for ensuring execution of Relyance AI’s product strategy. As the primary interface between legal and engineering teams, you will build the product team from the ground-up while leading and shaping the vision and direction of the company’s cutting-edge products and services. You will take ownership of product design and development, while working closely with engineering, legal, and data science teams to scope, plan, and execute the company’s product initiatives. The VP of Product will provide operational leadership, while coaching and developing product management talent.
- Lead strategy and execution for Relyance AI’s products, while developing and owning the company’s product roadmap with a privacy-forward lens.
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, and Legal to build a repeatable process for gathering customer requirements, translating those requirements into development tasks, and communicating our product development priorities to customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points, and help prioritize and manage privacy and product initiatives and improvements intended to promote industry-leading user experience and product quality.
- Lead, mentor, and assist in the recruitment of product managers throughout the organization.
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and trends in order to identify opportunities for new or improved products.
- Manage communications between stakeholders on product goals and requirements, translating between engineering, sales, and legal speak.
- Spearhead the processes and team structures needed to scale product capabilities as we grow.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years’ product management experience, with at least 3 years’ experience building and managing a team of product managers.
- Have substantial knowledge of privacy and data protection issues, including those arising under the GDPR, CCPA, and LGPD, and are familiar with the workflows involved in privacy compliance (including data mapping, data protection impact assessments, records of processing activity, etc.).
- Have strong cross-functional fluency and ability to translate legal requirements and business needs of end users into a cohesive product plan.
- Have extensive experience transforming strategy into action while partnering with engineering, design, and legal teams to execute on a product roadmap.
- Have significant experience working with executives and stakeholders across different departments, particularly involving the communication of product requirements and development priorities between Engineering, Customer Success, and Legal.
- Have experience in a fast-paced environment, and deep understanding of the product development lifecycle, roadmap prioritization, and customer-driven innovation.
- Are interested in the VC-backed startup ecosystem.
- Are an effective communicator with top-quality leadership and people skills.
- Are a team player ready to roll up your sleeves and adapt to the changing needs of a rapidly growing company.