Take on a leading role in helping Relyance AI design and deliver the most cutting-edge privacy and data protection solutions in the industry today. Work closely with a world-class team of software engineers, innovators, and designers to ensure that our products truly are the best-in-class solutions filling the market need in the exciting and dynamic field of privacy and data protection.
You will help build, design, and bring new products and features to market. This role requires you to have an excellent track record of operationalizing global data protection programs, as well as product development experience. You might be frustrated with the lack of good privacy tooling on the market today and have always imagined better products, software, and tools that you actually need to get your job done. This is a dream opportunity for the right person who has program management experience, as well as a passion for aesthetic innovation and efficient products that solve real-world problems. You understand how to operationalize privacy in-house at technology organizations, and ideally have partnered with engineering and business teams to help architect internal tooling to build global data privacy and protection programs. This is a unique opportunity to build the “ultimate privacy program” through SaaS technology that will be used by thousands of global organizations.
You will be customer-centric and deliver products that will satisfy our customers and users, and will own the development and ideation of new products. You will also create product requirements that can be distilled across the business and to our engineering team with at least a high-level understanding of the implementation strategy. You will have a business partner mindset, understand the privacy problem and how the product can solve it, and have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. You are comfortable learning about new areas of technology and law, and are adept at facilitating actions to deliver customer-focused experiences and build the best, most relevant products possible. You must be creative, practical, and proactive, and excited about helping Relyance AI grow into a market leader.
- Create and innovate around current product offerings, leveraging your existing privacy operations and program management experience to build new products and features.
- Build product requirements documentation.
- Translate practical privacy and customer requirements into concrete, precise new product and feature documentation.
- Deploy operational and product development expertise.
- Work directly with the engineering team to explain new products and features.
- Shepherd and partner with various teams through the development lifecycle, from product design to launch.
- Provide user-focused recommendations to Relyance AI's legal, product, sales, marketing, and engineering teams throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Create, review, and provide guidance on product and technical specifications, data flows, UI/UX design, and wireframes with focus on data protection and privacy compliance.
- Work with legal to ensure product compliance with the various US and international laws and regulations that impact Relyance AI's business, particularly in the areas of intellectual property, privacy, consumer protection, and advertising.
- Build and develop operational processes and documentation to support new product or business initiatives, including product documentation, terms of service, privacy notices, disclaimers, and other disclosures.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have experience building out privacy programs in-house.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of related experience in privacy and project/product management, engineering, and/or operations, with a focus on providing product advice to technology companies; legal technology experience is preferred.
- Love UI/UX Design and have a passion for using new technologies.
- Have a graduate degree in management, computer science or engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have experience effectively collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, particularly engineering and legal.
- Are intellectually curious and the unknown areas of technology don’t intimidate you, but excite you.
- Can render customer-related asks into a tactical and tangible product.
- Have substantial knowledge of privacy and data protection operational requirements, including those arising under the GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, etc. and are familiar with practical operations and workflows involved in privacy compliance (including data mapping, data protection impact assessments, records of processing activity, etc.).
- Have a passion for learning about new technology and products, and an ability to understand complex business issues and product use cases quickly.
- Have strong communication and project management skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- Have the highest level of ethics and personal integrity, a sense of humor, and a desire to adapt and grow while learning about Relyance AI’s business and new areas of privacy, law, and technology.
- Are willing to adapt quickly to startup needs and life, and want to “roll up your sleeves” and contribute to any areas of need across the business.