We are looking for an experienced and energetic Vice President of Marketing who will execute in the trenches while also providing strategic leadership from a market and product perspective to our executive management team. The ideal candidate will be an executive with solid enterprise SaaS experience, and will take the reins to define our marketing priorities, increase demand for our platform, and help us build a powerful brand.
You’ll develop and run marketing programs including lead generation through various channels, content marketing, paid acquisition, community building, nurture campaigns, and co-marketing. You’ll be responsible for the entire breadth of marketing activities, from managing our digital footprint and building brand awareness, to lead generation and customer marketing. As Relyance continues to grow, you’ll be responsible for scaling a team as the need for more marketing support arises. In the meantime, you'll be able to leverage the expertise of outside consultants and marketers, if necessary, to put these initiatives into place.
- Become intimately familiar with challenges faced by companies in managing their data privacy and compliance requirements and adhering to privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Clearly define and express benefits of our industry-first machine learning approach to managing data privacy and solving a critical business need.
- Convey multi-faceted benefit messages and devise ways to appeal emotionally to different stakeholders, including Privacy, Legal, and Info Security teams.
- Provide thought leadership on Relyance’s role and impact across various facets of privacy by leveraging internal and external experts, such as advisors, consultants, privacy specialists, authors, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategic and tactical plans to deliver on company priorities, goals, and targets for pipeline growth.
- Develop integrated marketing programs that seamlessly align digital, email, web, media events, and ABM.
- Analyze ROI and the effectiveness of marketing programs to optimize future programs.
- Direct market research, analysis, and interpretation of market data to support both short and long-term tactical and strategic plans.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning to devise counterstrategies
- Help to build and maintain Relyance’s brand as the platform of choice for managing data privacy, and ensure uniformity across all marketing and communications channels
- Own annual marketing plan and strategy, and build and manage a high-performing marketing team.
You are a good fit if you have:
- Successful track record of managing SaaS marketing efforts that have accelerated sales of enterprise licenses (>$75k/year).
- Ability to immerse yourself in the data privacy space and understand current requirements along with future trends and direction.
- Knowledge of modern demand generation best practices, such as conversational marketing, personalization, ABM (account-based marketing), predictive intent, etc.
- Experience playing a leading role in building a marketing group from the ground up.
- Developed marketing plans and worked hand in hand with Sales to develop demand-gen programs.
- High level understanding of SaaS companies’ infrastructure and software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with marketing to executives in Info Security, Privacy, and Legal teams.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years of experience working as a leader in SaaS and/or enterprise software Marketing.
- Startup and SaaS experience strongly preferred.