Relish Works is seeking a Product Owner to build and launch new business concepts.
About Relish Works:
We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and pioneering the next evolution of the food industry. Relish Works operates as an independent start-up focused on user-centered solutions and improvements to the wholesale food distribution business, as well as solving for unmet customer needs within the broader food industry.
Relish Works is seeking an experienced product owner to work with key business leaders and stakeholders to determine product strategy and lead product development across user research, design, development and launch phases. Our ideal candidate is customer-centric, passionate, growth-oriented, and experienced at managing and communicating with different stakeholders.
As a Product Owner you will:
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements into a compelling product vision and a quantified, flexible and executable roadmap. Be able to communicate the vision and roadmap to different audiences. Continuously refine and adapt the roadmap to changing priorities.
- Balance strategy and execution. Drive daily collaboration with engineering and design teammates to scope, plan, prioritize, streamline and execute on cross-functional product development efforts.
- Be a thought leader / subject matter expert regarding the business, customers and market; align solutions with value creation.
- Engage with and understand the perspective of customers. Conduct formal and ad-hoc research. Create channels for feedback and communication.
- Work with executive leadership to make budget decisions and align product development priorities with company goals.
- Work cross functionally with other team leads. Engage and manage outsourced teams when necessary.
- Measure and manage product development efficiency, quality and impact. Determine success metrics and set measurable goals for the product team.
- Own the systems and applications the team uses and builds. Maintain clear documentation of systems and applications (including in the code).
- Be willing to be tactical and get your hands dirty. Be able to implement no-code solutions to solve problems and test opportunities.
- Balance experimentation with production.
Relish Works is building an all-star team, and you should apply if you:
- You have 7+ years of relative experience building large-scale, consumer-facing products across web and mobile.
- You have a successful track record of managing all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- You have experience leading iterative execution via lean and agile methodologies. You understand dependencies and constraints across teams and workstreams.
- You have technical knowledge regarding best-in-class front-end, back-end and dev-ops languages, tools and frameworks.
- You have the ability to engage with end-users to collect feedback and conduct user research alongside the design team.
- You value using data to measure, understand and drive key business metrics.
- You have experience managing modern collaboration and delivery software suites (Jira, Airtable, Miro etc.)
- You have experience managing production issues (fire-fighting) across customer success and internal teams. You drive quality assurance strategies that mitigate downstream risks.
- You are known for being a great communicator and use various tactics (pictures, metaphors, storytelling, etc.) to improve understanding.
- You show humility when you are right or wrong and have the confidence to admit mistakes and collaborate on solutions.
- You are passionate about building products that feel fun and intuitive to use. You are naturally curious. You are self-motivated and organized.
You will thrive if you align with our values:
- We believe in the Golden Rule.
- We act like owners and make decisions about our time and our resources accordingly.
- We are generous in our assumptions.
- Our team is our team— it’s imperfect and we love it anyway.
- We use our hearts and heads in equal measure.
- We take care of each other and our space as if we are a family.
- We are focused on our work and delivering quality outcomes.
The Fine Print:
The Product Owner role is based out of Chicago - our offices are located in River North. However, given the current climate, we are expecting to be remote for at least the next six months.