We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and pioneering the next evolution of the food industry. While backed with the support of an established food service organization, Relish Works operates as an independent start-up focused on user-centered solutions.
Orderve is a start-up that is building an online marketplace dedicated to restaurants discovering and sourcing specialty food for their businesses. We are challenging the legacy food service business model with an e-commerce marketplace platform that will connect chefs with vendors small and large. While supported by a well-established food service company and Relish Works, Inc., the innovation hub, we operate as an independent start-up focused on solving specific user-centered problems around buying and selling food.
What you’ll do as Product Analyst:
As Orderve grows and matures, we have a need for a role to support our product management and website development. As the Product Analyst, you will be responsible for helping the software development lifecycle ship new features that will be critical to Orderve’s success. You will have the opportunity to work on projects that delight our chef customers as well as our vendor partners. This job includes working with software engineers, product managers, UI/UX designers and the vendor services team to problem-solve, prioritize feature development, troubleshoot bugs and improve processes. This individual will be responsible for helping to release product features and report directly to the Head of Product.
- Understand and communicate the product vision, priorities, and success metrics for the product.
- Be a champion for agile product development and the continuous improvement of the product development process.
- Oversee project grooming and estimation activities that set engineers up to ship features on schedule.
- Ensure project flow by driving research & analysis needed to identify and manage risks and challenges related to customer adoption, user experience, and technical development.
- Groom the product backlog balancing new feature development, bug triage and technical work to drive both new customer growth and existing customer retention.
- Communicate information in the form of User Stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Reduce friction in the customer journey, particularly through optimizing catalog structure (taxonomy) to help our customers discover and purchase products.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, software development life cycle, product management, and business strategy.
- Naturally curious and driven to solve problems with a strong eye for detail and a natural tendency to dig deep to identify problems and determine innovative solutions.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and analytics is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment, including juggling multiple competing complex projects and prioritizing work, often with imperfect information.
- Lateral thinker who is willing to consider multiple viewpoints and able to look at a problem from different angles before recommending an approach.
- Innately takes initiative, with proven ability to work with clear communication and evangelize a vision to multiple stakeholders, including sales, engineering, operations and leadership.
- Uses personal management skills to effectively complete tasks necessary to the success of the organization in an orderly manner, organizing details and bringing order to complex and competing demands
- Interacts with others through verbal and nonverbal means to present information in an engaging and understandable manner.
- Ideally has exposure to restaurant, food service and/or food CPG industries