Relish Works, Inc. is seeking a Business Strategy Lead to support a new innovation hub.
We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and pioneering the next evolution of the food industry. While backed with the support of an established food service organization, Relish Works operates as an independent start-up focused on user-centered solutions. Our efforts explore improvements to the established company's core business as well as solving for unmet customer needs and developing new businesses. As a flourishing new start-up, we are looking for hard workers, people willing to leave their ego at the door, learn from others and roll up their sleeves to do whatever job is necessary. We believe that open communication, trust, and flexibility are important. We have a lot of exciting work to do, but we are also striving to create an environment that does not ignore the importance of family, friends, personal passions and wellbeing.
What you’ll do as Business Strategy Lead:
The Business Strategy Lead will play a critical role to position Relish Works at the forefront of transformational and strategic thought in the food industry. This position will report to Relish leadership and will be responsible for developing an understanding of disruptive topics across the food industry as well as diving deeper to support strategic decisions as relevant to the parent company executive team and/or Relish. Expected outputs will include executive-level communication and recommendations on strategic impacts of new business models, technologies, etc., public facing thought-pieces, and internal company focused perspectives to drive decisions and change. This role will complete work by drawing on appropriate approaches such as corporate strategy, scenario planning/future analysis, market analysis/entry, growth strategy, business model canvas, and other relevant techniques.
This role will also be expected to spend a portion of time supporting other aspects of the organization as needs evolve. It will be important that the person in this role builds contextual awareness of organization goals and supports in a flexible manner.
● 5+ years of experience
● Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree (MBA a plus)
● Experience in strategy consulting or a corporate strategy group
● Eagerness to learn new skills and develop a breadth of capabilities
● Flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities outside of specified role
● Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
● Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate in a multidisciplinary organization
● Ability to frame problems and present results to an executive level audience
● Excellent communication and storytelling skills (written, verbal, and visual)
● Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides, Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software as needed.
● Some travel may be required; compensation commensurate with experience