Relish Works, Inc. is seeking a Communication Designer to support a new innovation hub.
We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and pioneering the next evolution of the food industry. While backed with the support of an established food service organization, Relish Works operates as an independent start-up focused on user-centered solutions.Our efforts explore improvements to the established company's core business as well as solving for unmet customer needs, re-deploying assets and infrastructure, and developing new businesses. As a flourishing new start-up, we are looking for hard workers, people willing to leave their ego at the door, learn from others and roll up their sleeves to do whatever job is necessary. We believe that open communication, trust, and flexibility are important. We have a lot of exciting work to do, but we are also striving to create an environment that does not ignore the importance of family, friends, personal passions and wellbeing.
What you’ll do as a Communication Designer:
Communication Designers at Relish play a critical role on our highly collaborative and multidisciplinary teams of human-centered researchers, designers, strategists, and engineers. Communication Designers are curious, empathetic, visual thinkers and storytellers who lead visual design on innovation efforts to communicate research findings, illustrate future experiences, and develop brand identities for new businesses and service offerings. Working closely with fellow designers, they are also responsible for contributing to the development and communication of principles, methods and tools related to the hub's design and innovation capability.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
● Visualizing qualitative and quantitative information into diagrams and infographics
● Communicating new ideas through illustration, presentation, and video
● Developing the visual identity and language for new offering brands
● 2-4 years of experience in design-related field applying visual design skills
● Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in design-related field
● Prior work experience using human-centered design methodology
● Curiosity and passion to meet unmet needs of end-users, team members, and stakeholders
● Eagerness to learn new skills and develop a breadth of capabilities
● Flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities outside of specified role
● Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
● Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
● Ability to frame problems and present results to an executive level audience
● Excellent communication and storytelling skills (written, verbal, and visual)
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software as needed
● Experience working in multiple mediums preferred, such as video, web, and print
● Portfolio of work demonstrating capabilities in composition, typography, color, information design, illustration and presentation
● Minimal travel may be required; compensation commensurate with experience