Relish Works is seeking a Design Strategist to support a new innovation hub.
We are Relish Works, an innovation hub focused on challenging the status quo and pioneering
the next evolution of the food industry. While backed with the support of an established food service organization, Relish Works operates as an independent start-up focused on user-centered solutions. Our efforts explore improvements to the established company's core business as well as solving for unmet customer needs, re-deploying assets and infrastructure, and developing new businesses. As a flourishing new start-up, we are looking for hard workers, people willing to leave their ego at the door, learn from others and roll up their sleeves to do whatever job is necessary. We believe that open communication, trust, and flexibility are important. We have a lot of exciting work to do, but we are also striving to create an environment that does not ignore the importance of family, friends, personal passions and wellbeing.
What you’ll do as a Design Strategist:
Design Strategists at Relish play a critical role on our highly collaborative and multidisciplinary teams of human-centered researchers, designers, strategists, and engineers. Design Strategists are curious, empathetic, systems thinkers and visual storytellers who lead and support core innovation efforts by communicating research findings, facilitating workshops, and crafting future experiences for new and improved offerings. Working closely with the Internal Innovation Lead, they are also responsible for understanding, communicating, and demonstrating the principles, methods and tools related to the hub's design and innovation capability.
Roles and responsibilities may include:
- Planning and conducting user-research
- Synthesizing and communicating research findings
- Facilitating workshops and creative brainstorming sessions
- Developing frameworks to structure the thinking behind new concepts
- Visualizing qualitative and quantitative information into diagrams and infographics
- Communicating new ideas through illustration, presentation, and video
- Can bring a foundational business perspective to projects, including conducting data and market analyses, building business cases, modeling for new opportunities, and assessing feasibility and viability of new concepts, among others.
- Ability to train and mentor others on the HCD process
- Experience communicating with all levels of an organization, from senior leaders to front-line and operational employees
- Can challenge current ways of thinking and tell hard truths
- 5-7 years of experience in design-related field; user-research experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree
- Curiosity and passion to meet unmet needs of end-users, team members, and stakeholders
- Eagerness to learn new skills and develop a breadth of capabilities
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities outside of specified role
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a self-directed culture
- Openness to learn from diverse perspectives and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to frame problems and present results to an executive level audience
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software as needed
- Portfolio of work demonstrating capabilities in user-centered design methodologies
- Minimal travel may be required; compensation commensurate with experience