Are you a seasoned AI programmer with a desire to make an impact on our next title?
Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone?
If so, our AI Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Age of Empires IV among others games and we’re on the hunt for a AI Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join our Age of Empires IV or unannounced project team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our development team, you will have an opportunity to impact the analysis, design, direction and implementation of Artificial Intelligence systems for our latest unannounced project.
As our AI Programmer, here’s what you will be doing...
- Research and develop cutting edge real time strategy AI at multiple levels including, squad, session objective, and campaign
- Analyze new game features, and design AI systems to utilize them
- Develop, set and enforce AI development best practices
- Optimize existing AI functionality to meet CPU and memory performance budgets
- Maintain and update tools for AI debugging and development
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- 5+ years’ professional game industry experience
- Shipped 1+ successful AAA title(s) on PC or console
- Fluent in C++
- Expertise within object oriented analysis and design, AI, and physics
- Experience working with other people’s code
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork and getting the job done
- Passion, creativity and a desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you…
- Enjoy playing and creating strategy games
- Have experience with proprietary game engines
- Have a website or github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. If that wasn’t enough, we also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan and retirement savings plan. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.