Are you a seasoned AI programmer with a desire to make an impact on our next title?
Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone?
If so, our AI Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Age of Empires IV among others games and we’re on the hunt for a AI Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio.
As an integral part of our development team, you will have an opportunity to impact the analysis, design, direction and implementation of Artificial Intelligence systems for our latest unannounced project.
As our AI Programmer, here’s what you will be doing...
- Research and develop cutting edge real time strategy AI at multiple levels including, squad, session objective, and campaign
- Analyze new game features, and design AI systems to utilize them
- Develop, set and enforce AI development best practices
- Optimize existing AI functionality to meet CPU and memory performance budgets
- Maintain and update tools for AI debugging and development
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- 5+ years’ professional game industry experience
- Shipped 1+ successful AAA title(s) on PC or console
- Fluent in C++
- Expertise within object oriented analysis and design, AI, and physics
- Experience working with other people’s code
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork and getting the job done
- Passion, creativity and a desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you…
- Enjoy playing and creating strategy games
- Have experience with proprietary game engines
- Have a website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.