Do you want to make an impact on the next title in the legendary Age of Empires series?
Consider yourself a natural communicator and team player?
If so, our Social Systems & Progression Game Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Social Systems & Progression Designer to join our Game Design team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As a Social Systems & Progression Designer, you will…
- Partner with the Business Intelligence team to establish means to measure the performance of the game systems during production, testing, and launch.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams by developing a strong understanding of how our games are made.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Community teams to craft intelligent solutions that help steer the project in the right direction.
- Design features and systems that contribute to building exceptional game experiences through focused iteration and attention to detail.
- Write documents that communicate intentions and system needs with strong clarity on priorities.
- Be comfortable learning new tools and owning input, maintenance, and iteration of game data.
- Perform critical analysis of game systems, from meta to core gameplay, and clearly communicate what works, what doesn’t and why.
We’re looking for a Game Designer who has…
- A deep passion for strategy games.
- Insatiable curiosity regarding the human brain, psychology, and sociology.
- Strong understanding of different player type models and examples of how they have impacted their design work.
- Exceptional design documentation skills. You will communicate vision, features, systems & requirements and break a feature down into prioritized work.
- An ability to communicate complex ideas, features and gameplay mechanics
- 2 years relevant Industry experience.
- Experience designing progression systems and live economies.
- Experience managing design iteration on live titles.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A love for games!
- Strong math & spreadsheet wizardry skills.
- A keen understanding of industry trends within AAA gaming and the broader strategy genre.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our programming team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: