Do you live and breathe Audio and want to create an amazing gaming experience alongside passionate peeps?
Are you a technically savvy, hands-on leader who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and inspiring a team?
If so, our Audio Lead role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for an Audio Lead to join our highly passionate Audio Team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an Audio Lead, you will…
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team of sound designers to create compelling audio soundscapes in the RTS genre.
- Work with cinematics teams to deliver highly polished assets and experiences.
- Maintain strict delivery schedules while staying on budget.
- Drive the technical direction of tools and pipelines for the franchise.
- Be a technical guru, solving any technical implementation issues.
We’re looking for someone who …
- Has shipped 2+ AAA titles as a lead.
- Can create a strong creative vision for audio that aligns with and enhances the creative direction of the game and franchise.
- Is a strong communicator. Effectively documenting and communicating vision and direction to the audio & game teams.
- Has a great sense of sound aesthetics. You’ll set an industry leading quality bar for game audio.
- Is technically savvy. You’ll work effectively with programmers and team members to develop and improve tools and systems.
- Is up to date on the latest audio techniques and software.
Your experience includes …
- A strong understanding of the gameplay importance of interactive audio.
- Deep background in the use of narrative and dialog systems.
- A strong technical background that allows you to drive features, pipeline improvements and bug fixes.
- Proficiency with industry standard sound creation tools, practices, and libraries.
- Experience authoring sound in all surround formats.
- Extensive experience working and mixing linear audio.
- A solid base of technical audio theory.
- A strong background in audio production and scheduling.
- Able to work under tight schedules and reliably hit milestones.
It’s a bonus if you …
- Have a programming or scripting background.
- Are experienced in all things RTS.
- Have been or are currently a Musician.
- Love AAA games!
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our programming team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: