Do you have a strong aesthetic sense and a passion for games?
Are you a stickler for sound and obsessed with speech?
If so, our Senior Dialogue Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Senior Dialogue Designer to join our Age of Empires IV team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
Relic has a rich history of strong narrative support in its games and, as our Senior Dialogue Designer, you will use dialogue to push Relic’s games to the forefront of the industry.
As our Senior Dialogue Designer, you will also…
- Lead the creative and technical aspects of Age of Empires' speech project
- Partner with our Narrative Designer to creatively enhance gameplay through the use of dialogue
- Help define the project’s audio aesthetic and standard of quality
- Lead and organize the project’s recording and ADR sessions
- Add flair to the project’s cinematic voice assets through editing and mastering
- Work with the Audio, Design, and Programming departments to design playback systems
- Help set the standard of practices for all aspects of dialogue at the studio
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A strong understanding of the role dialogue plays in creating a world-class gaming experience
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- 5+ years of experience working with dialogue in games, including:
- A talent for editing speech and creating high quality voice effects
- Taking a project from conception to completion
- Developing speech tools and pipelines
- Conceptualizing and executing audio features
- Leading or coordinating casting and recording sessions
- Localization experience
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Audiokinetic WWise
- Experience working with scripts (lua, python)
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.