Are you a natural connector and collaborator?
Are you complimented on your ability to get to know people and get to the bottom of what lights them up?
Are you keen to be part of a start-up team that is building recruitment from the ground up?
If so, our Recruiter role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes and we’re on the hunt for a Recruiter! As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
Our BHAG is to create an industry-leading Talent team. You must be willing to get comfortable with the uncomfortable, do what has never been done and hold our team accountable to disrupting our industry.
As an ambassador for the studio, you will champion candidate and employee experience and be a role model for raising the bar. Ideally you are have been exposed to all areas of recruitment and are keen to be a part of a tight-knit Talent team.
As part of our Talent Acquisition team, you will…
- Lead our recruitment process from start to finish – from resume screening to arranging interviews to maintaining internal & external communications to negotiating offers with candidates
- Identify strategic opportunities and implement new initiatives to find great talent – whether it be participating in a new event, partnering with another studio or creating a game jam
- Build positive and meaningful relationships with hiring managers, ensuring they feel valued by providing them valuable market insights and they are heard in the recruitment and onboarding process
- Be open and candid with candidates - we believe in #realtalk and being transparent with candidates is in the long-term interest of everyone involved!
- Be a Brand Ambassador and thrive at pitching our story to candidates and the community
- Hold yourself and others accountable to creating and ensuring the best candidate experience in the games industry
- Roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help out the team when the need arises
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 2+ years recruiting experience in the high tech industry (the more fast-paced, the better—we’re in tech and things are constantly changing so we need someone who will thrive in a sometimes chaotic environment!)
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (you must be on the ball with planning and project management, but also be able to adapt when priorities shift!)
- An interest and desire to learn our games, play our games and know our industry inside & out (you must be curious, driven and passionate about what we do and why we do it)
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically (you must be able to look at a situation from 30,000 feet and also be able to get stuff done)
- A presence on social networks and an interest in social recruiting (you must be active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Experience working with ATS and HRIS systems
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience recruiting for creatives, artists or designers
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: This is an 6 month contract position with the possibility of extension. In addition, we are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: