Do you believe in making the most of your effort and that results matter more than words?
Are you a hands-on leader and problem solver?
If so, our Producer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Producer to join our development team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our franchise and studio, you will manage your team’s day to day development activity, challenges and successes. You will strive for the highest effectiveness and efficiency, ensuring that your project budgets yield the highest output toward the end goal. You are the both the “how” and “when” of the project. You will be challenged to support your team in coming up with more effective ways of working, constantly challenging them to make the best games, and encouraging them to laugh & have fun along the way too!
As one of our Producers, you will…
- Maintain the overall vision of the product with your technical leads – ensuring that your team is always working towards the same goals
- Be the go-to person for your team, studio management, and partners for everything to do with your designated project area
- Partner with your Executive Producer to:
- Monitor financial planning and spending, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development
- Define the high-level project plan (including key milestones and staffing requirements) and own day-to-day project management
- Partner with your technical leaders (design, art, programming, animation audio & QA) to ensure communication is open and clear
- Manage individual and team performance, including motivating, mentoring and empowering your team to achieve results
- Support your team with their career goals – to us this means honest conversations, 1:1’s, constructive feedback and a commitment to always be better (#twowaystreet)
- Ensure conversations always happen – even the hard ones – and know the best time to have them is right now
- Encourage an open, honest and positive team environment; create a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and makes the studio a better place!
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 7+ years of experience in game production
- 4+ years of people management or leadership experience, with experience creating high performing teams
- The ability to tell the difference between real problems and noise – you will be challenged to craft solutions, solve problems and minimize noise!
- A deep sense of ownership over results, their own development and the development of the team
- Exceptional project management experience, including the use of tools like VersionOne, JIRA, Post-itTM notes and/or walls…
- Experience working in a PC or console studio
- A passion for playing and making games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience making AAA games
- Experience managing external development services – like, QA or localization
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.