Do you love games?
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of AAA strategy games?
If so, our Associate Programmer role might be the right fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned AAA subsidiary of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, and the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes franchises. Our studio focuses on building the technology we need to create the game experiences of the future.
Currently, we are on the hunt for awesome people who excel at their craft. If you know you’re awesome and want to do cool things at Relic, we want to hear from you!
As our Associate Programmer, here’s some of the stuff you could be doing …
- Writing code that contributes to Relic’s next games to market
- Collaborating with other team members to design and architect your code
- Gaining experience in areas such as Gameplay, AI, Tools, UI, Build, Systems, and Graphics programming
- Participating in planning, scrums, code and design reviews
- Working with cross-disciplinary teams, including artists, designers, producers, and animators
- Being mentored by some of the industry’s best game developers and architects
- Working at the most recognized RTS games studio in Canada (3 of our games are in PC Gamer’s all-time Top 20 Best Strategy Games)
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Completed a Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Some experience with C++ and/or C#
- A passion and curiosity for solving complex problems
- A positive attitude, a sense of humour, and a passion for games
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Cool projects on your Github or website to show off to us
- Some Java and graphics experience
- Experience with OpenGL or Direct 3D
- Experience working on a mod for a game
- Some experience with video games – either making games in your spare time, working for a game studio or have some cool game ideas
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. If that wasn’t enough, we also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan and retirement savings plan. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll see the link below! We receive a ton of applications so we’re going to need a little patience from you while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that standout so be sure to highlight why YOU are awesome!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.