Do you believe that marketing for games is not only about creating hype for products but also providing the design team with critical player-driven insights?
Are you known for your ability to build relationships and liaise with various stakeholder groups?
If so, our Marketing Manager role might be the perfect fit for you!
Please note in order to be successful in this role, experience in the Game Industry is essential.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join our Dev Team. As an integral part of the Dev Team, you will be a “right hand” to the Executive Producer and play a strategic role between the development team and the global brand organization at SEGA.
Acting as the brand ambassador, you will drive highly marketable content and strategic messaging outwards into the organization for Relic titles and support our player-first approach to development. That means maintaining a proper feedback loop between players and the Dev Team throughout production, to ensure we build the game and features our audience wants.
As our Marketing Manager you will…
- Lead the strategic brand management of our titles from inception through to live operations to long-term brand health & consumer engagement
- Act as a product expert – you will evangelize our brand to external partners (our publisher, plus licensors, retailers and agencies) to mobilize support and advocacy across the business
- Contribute to the success of the team’s player-first development philosophy by working closely with a dedicated Community Manager, Development Leads and External Market & User Research partners in order to extract relevant player insights and market data
- Make sound business recommendations to the Executive Producer and the SEGA publishing group to enhance agreed marketing programs
- Guide SEGA’s media briefing and planning process through close collaboration with SEGA’s Marketing team
- Establish effective working relationships across broad and varied internal and external stakeholder groups
- Liaise with the Communications team to ensure that all our communications are consistent and reflect brand positioning & consumer targeting
- Help foster a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and constantly contributes to the studio in a positive light!
We’re looking for someone who has...
- 5+ years’ experience in brand marketing related roles, with at least 1 prior experience in games
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, International Business or a related field or commensurate experience
- Solid leadership skills, with building and leading a team experience
- Familiarity with global campaigns and the various dimensions of marketing beyond branding: PR, Community Management, Events & Shows etc.
- General knowledge of the game development process and open development in particular
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically (you can look at a situation from 30,000 feet and also get stuff done)
- Proven track record of working with small marketing teams and making the most of limited resources
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (you must be on the ball with planning and project management, but also be able to adapt when priorities shift!)
- Critical thinking skills – you must be able to interpret telemetry derived from PC products
- Excellent presentation and writing skills - you are a polished communicator who thrives presenting to a group and shows confidence in interactions
- Passion for video gaming, interactive entertainment, industry dynamics, trends and desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Passion for strategy games specifically
- Strong understanding of the PC gaming and digital distribution landscapes
- Experience with online games, games as a service and early access
- International experience
- Community Management experience
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.