Do you love games?
Do you want to apply what you're learning today to contribute to the games of tomorrow?
If so, our Associate Programmer (Game Development) Intern role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned AAA subsidiary of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, and the Dawn of War and Company of Heroes franchises. Our studio focuses on building the technology we need to create the game experiences of the future.
Currently, we’re on the hunt for an ambitious student or new grad who is keen to gain experience and launch their career in server programming. In return, we want to give you the mentorship and tools you need to solve real engineering challenges. Sound interesting? Read below!
Please note that this is a 4 month work term (with the possibility for an extension).
As an Associate Programmer Intern you will…
- Write code that contributes to Relic’s next games to market
- Collaborate with other team members to design and architect your code
- Gain experience in areas such as networking, server, link, gameplay, AI, UI and graphics programming
- Participate in planning, scrums, code and design reviews
- Work with cross-disciplinary teams, including artists, designers, producers, and animators
- Be mentored by some of the industry’s best game developers and architects
- Work at the most recognized RTS games studio in Canada (3 of our games are in PC Gamer’s all-time Top 20 Best Strategy Games)
- Participate in all studio functions and events ( i.e. team building, company parties, charitable endeavors, and sports)
- Receive a credit on the titles you contribute to
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Completed at least the first year of a Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Some experience with C++ and/or C#
- A passion and curiosity for solving complex problems
- A positive attitude, a sense of humour, and a passion for games
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Cool projects on your Github or website to show off to us
- Some Java and graphics experience
- Experience with OpenGL or Direct 3D
- Some web or server development experience
- Experience working on a mod for a game
- Some experience with video games – either making games in your spare time, working for a game studio or have some cool game ideas
What’s in it for you?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive compensation packages. We also offer numerous fun office perks and an opportunity for interns to attend all Relican events.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for. We expect that we will close this position by Wednesday, May 24. The anticipated start date is early September.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.