Do you thrive by supporting talented programmers in solving challenging problems?
Are you a natural strategist who enjoys constantly improving systems?
If so, our Server Programmer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Server Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the Server team, you will lead the design and implementation of infrastructure and platforms to support our online and multiplayer features. You will have an opportunity to shape our long-term technical road-map as we scale our systems to support multiple game titles.
As a Server Programmer, you will…
- Develop server infrastructure needed for the next generation of our games
- Iterate a growing service-based platform to support multiple titles across multiple platforms
- Design and implement systems for stress and functional testing
- Design and implement security, deployment and monitoring features
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Leverage your exceptional communication skills to own relationships with internal and external partners
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 6+ years in a network/server programming role
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Java, C++, SQL and demonstrable Object-Oriented design skills
- Experience developing web services and database deployments to service millions of users
- Experience with distributed systems including network & server architecture, large scale system deployments and development on these types of systems
- Experience writing multi-threaded code and distributed algorithms
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Open source technologies
- A love for games
- A down to earth attitude
- Passion to evolve and grow
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Hands on knowledge of Amazon AWS, Google Computer & Micros
- A website or github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our programming team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We launched Dawn of War 3!