Do you believe in using high quality animation to bring ideas to life and captivate audiences?
Are you a talented Animator who loves games and wants to be part of a growing team?
If so, our Animator role on our unannounced project might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for an Animator to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our Animation team, you will be challenged to continually raise the bar by creating high-caliber and action-oriented animations.
As an Animator, you will…
- Manipulate, enhance and clean motion capture data for us in gameplay using Autodesk Motion Builder
- Work closely with tech artists to build and structure complex motion trees that deliver seamless in-game character motion
- Work closely with Designers, Artists and Programmers to ensure the quality and integration of animations
- Continually test, problem solve and polish your animations
- Partner with our Lead Animator to support our vision of creating high-quality and realistic animations
- Exhibit the ability to meet project deadlines while ensuring quality is never compromised
- Elevate the team by being enthusiastic about your developing your skills and passionate about what you do
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 5+ years animation experience – preference for experience in the games or film industry
- Strong communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of Autodesk Motion Builder, Maya, Max and other animation applications
- Hustle, initiative and problem-solving skills (we’re in gaming and things are constantly changing so we need someone who can be a self-starter in a busy environment!)
- A deep passion to create high quality animation and also, a love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Worked in the gaming industry or have shipped games
- A strong understanding of the requirements and mechanics of creating AAA games and/or gameplay animation
- Experience mentoring or leading other animators
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! We're looking for someone who has an outstanding demo reel, so make sure to include it, to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.