Do you have a deep love for games and creating polished, yet functional UI?
If so, our UI Artist role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a UI Artist to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join the Art team on our Dawn of War franchise. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As our UI Artist you will…
- Conceptualize, prototype, and implement the game’s UI – you’ll partner with your UI and design teammates to drive the vision of the game’s user interface forward
- Create stunning game assets – this will include menus and icons that depict various units, gear, upgrades and abilities.
- Create UI specifications, wireframes, and front-end flows – you’ll be prototyping & mapping user experience
- Build and maintain the UI art style guide – by leading this, you’ll ensure that players can enjoy a consistent and immersive gaming experience while navigating the game’s interface
- Ensure and deliver on an innovative, attractive, and functional user experience – you’ll work closely with our designers, artists, and programmers to achieve this
- Provide feedback to our teams – communicating your voice will be essential in ensuring the visual quality of your designs comes together in the finished experience
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3+ years of relevant experience with at least 1 year experience in the game industry
- Related post-secondary education, with preference towards a Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Visio (or a similar information softwar)
- The ability to layout complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Strong visual design skills (i.e., composition, layout, typography, color theory)
- Traditional 2D sketching, illustration, and strong conceptual art skills
- Comfortable working with 3D assets, basic lighting, and positioning models
- Familiarity with display types and the ability to support a variety of screen resolutions
- The ability to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Previously shipped titles in a AAA capacity
- Experience with Scaleform
- Knowledge of Actionscript
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan and retirement savings plan. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.