Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Talent Coordinator to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best – we make AAA strategy games after all. If you’re up for the challenge of being pushed out of your comfort zone, we want to give you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
Your team? The talent team…well, we’re anything but traditional. We believe in continually changing the way things are done so that we’re able to create an (awesome) environment where our industries most talented folks can thrive. Our team is built upon being real with each other, telling each other how we can do better, and delivering results every day. This requires a ton of creativity, commitment & passion as well as an ability to GSD (get shit done). If you know you have these traits plus a natural ability to have fun (really, this a requirement), we want to hear from you.
As an ambassador for the studio and our Talent team, the Talent Coordinator will be a champion of candidate and employee experience – and a role model for raising the bar. That’s a heck of a lot but don’t worry we’ve broken down what we’re thinking below.
As our Talent Coordinator, you will...
- Support our Talent Operations team with various HR programs – you’ll get exposed to (and learn a ton about) onboarding, benefits, health & wellness, immigration, and candidate relocation
- Support our Talent Acquisition squad with all things interviewing – this means rolling up your sleeves & being the interface between our ATS (Greenhouse), Outlook and our candidates
- Use your creativity to make our processes better – from job advertising to our referral program, we want you to own & execute ideas that you think will leave things better than you found them
- "Pitch in" to help other members of the team when the need arises – we’re in tech so priorities are always changing & we’re one team after all
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Recent graduate from a post-secondary diploma or degree program (our preference is that you graduated from a business/management program with a major in HR)
- 2+ years customer service, admin or operations experience
- Exceptional customer service skills and a can-do attitude – we believe in leaving the ego at the door, not being jerks, and overall, supporting people in reaching their potential
- Outstanding organization, planning, and time management skills – we want to give you the ownership to run with things
- Curiosity and a desire to learn – as you can tell above, we have a lot to for you to contribute & learn from
- A desire to build strong, transparent, and genuine relationships with candidates, our team and the studio
- A presence on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working within a HR team (relevant co-op, intern or contract experience)
- Experience working in the high tech or games industry
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are local (within BC) and also legally qualified to work in Canada.