Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes. We’re on the hunt for a passionate and experienced Community Manager who can lead a team, and bring our global gaming community to new heights.
You’re a strategic thinker and diehard gamer who’s ready to use your passion and years of experience in the industry to make a mark. In this senior role, you’ll work with our Marketing and PR team to build worldwide engagement plans and community programs. You’ll also have the opportunity to build and lead a growing team. By inspiring and leading your team to success, you’ll excite our fans, engage influencers, and support the development team for years to come.
You’re known for your:
- Leadership: alone, you’re a force to be reckoned with. But at the helm of the right team, you’re unstoppable.
- Planning: your master mind is full of comprehensive strategies for global domination. Luckily, you’ve decided to use your powers for good. Or, for games, at least.
- Creativity: like an in-house MacGyver, you see how to turn screenshots, concept art, or even the meme of the moment, into big opportunities.
- Insights: you know what makes people tick, and how to bring likeminded people together with the right rallying cry.
- Analysis: you’re a skilled interpreter whether you’re turning analytics into insights, or forum threads into balance requests.
- Resourcefulness: calm, cool, and collected in the face of any challenge, you tackle problems head-on and help your teammates do the same.
- Diplomacy: you’re an ambassador who knows how to show up in the right way, at the right time, regardless of who else is in the room – or chat.
- Agility: the world of gaming is always changing, and you adapt quickly, finding ways to make that work for your evolving community.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years’ experience in a Community Management role in the gaming industry. It’s bonus if this experience falls in the AAA realm.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills.
- Passion for video gaming and interactive entertainment.
- Mad skills in PC and RTS gaming.
What you know:
- The software development process.
- Digital communications tools and analytics.
- The modding, eSports, and influencer landscape.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.