Do you enjoy front-end development?
Do you get personal satisfaction from delivering high-performance web experiences and seamless community features that make our players happy?
If so, our Web Developer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Web Developer to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join our Web team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the Web team, you will have the opportunity to own projects and act as the technical expert with internal clients (like our Brand, Marketing, and Game Development teams).
As our Web Developer you will…
- Work directly with game development teams to create web driven in-game content
- Work with our brand team to develop AAA quality franchise and community hubs for all Relic titles
- Use cutting edge technologies such as React.js, ES6, HTML5 to develop top of the line, highly scalable, and highly available web applications
- Collaborate with designers, UX experts, front-end developers and back-end engineers in the conceptualization and improvement of web applications & web services
- Take the lead on all aspects of web application & services development including planning, architecture, development, deployment and testing
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3+ years of relevant web development experience
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent education or experience
- A strong understanding of modern web technologies
- Strong communication skills
- A thirst to continuously learn and improve (your own skills + your work)
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience with HTML5/CSS, React.js, ES6, or Node.js
- An interest in graphic design or UI design
- Some experience with linux server administration
- Worked with Amazon Web Services or equivalent cloud programming
- A love for games: You’re a gamer with a passion for creating the best experience for our players
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.