Are you approachable, empathetic and a big believer in #realtalk?
Are you someone who thrives in chaos, constant change and stays positive under pressure?
Are you keen to be part of a start-up team that is rethinking the way HR is done?
If so, our Talent Partner opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a senior Talent Partner to join our rocket ship (err, we mean Vancouver HQ). As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
Our BHAG is to create an industry-leading Talent team. You must be willing to get comfortable with the uncomfortable, do what has never been done and hold our team accountable in disrupting our industry.
As an ambassador for the studio, you will be a champion of employee experience and a role model for raising the bar. Ideally you are experienced in all areas of HR and are keen to be a part of a progressive Talent team. Our Talent team is made up of six rad human beings: 3 on the Talent Advising & Operations team and 3 on the Talent Acquisition team.
We have created a team where you can be yourself and truly believe that if we create an environment where you can be real, then you'll deliver better results and be a happier person too!
Six brains are better than one. We are team and check our egos at the door. We have each other’s backs, check in on assumptions, and support each other in being our best selves every day.
Curiosity, positivity, ambition, and an ability to #GSD (get shit done) are all part of our DNA. If you share these traits and aren’t afraid to laugh and have fun, then (obviously) we want to hear from you!
As a Talent Partner, you will...
- Be a leader throughout the studio – you naturally voice up, strive for positive change and add value to the studio, our leaders and our team every day
- Be a go-to coach & business partner for our leaders – you thrive in building meaningful relationships, ask thoughtful questions, challenge traditional ways of thinking, and coach leaders in creating high-performance teams
- Be open and candid with managers and employees – you are aligned with our commitment to being human, speaking the truth and that being transparent is in the long-term interest of everyone involved!
- Collaborate with our Leadership team and Talent team to develop, implement & lead talent programs (including performance management, learning & development initiatives, and identifying opportunities within our current programs to ensure they scale with the studio – we're growing!)
- Be a part of our Talent Operations team – you enjoy working on an all hands on deck (!) team, don't mind shifting between tactical and strategic work, and know that teamwork makes the dream work :)
- Stay on top of industry best practices and continually find ways to challenge the status quo and improve our HR practices (you are keen to attend events, be a positive force in our often archaic industry, and join in on progressive conversations in our community)
- Hold yourself and others accountable to creating and ensuring the best employee experience in the games industry
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 6+ years HR experience plus related post-secondary education (the more fast-paced, the better—we’re in tech and things are constantly changing so we need someone who will thrive in a sometimes chaotic environment!)
- Extensive experience with advising and providing high-touch support to leaders (you must be able to think on your feet, coach leaders with complex situations and ask questions that lead to sound decision making)
- A desire to solve problems and brainstorm creative solutions (you must be able to connect with others, get to the bottom of problems and make everything around you better)
- The ability to think both strategically and tactically (you must be able to look at a situation from 30,000 feet and also be able to get stuff done)
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills (you must be on the ball with planning and project management, but also be able to adapt when priorities shift!)
- Charisma coupled with strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills (your skills will be put to use during onboarding, manager training and community outreach)
- An all hands on deck and get it done mentality (you must be willing to jump in where needed and hold the team accountable when you see a project stuck at 80% #resultsmatter)
- Experience working with ATS and HRIS systems (we use Greenhouse & BambooHR!)
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working in the high tech or games industry
- A presence on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
What’s in it for you?
In addition to working on AAA games and learning a ton, we offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.