Do you have what it takes to define the future of the RTS genre?
Can you help forge the path of strategy gaming and how people play?
If so, one of our Senior Designer roles for Age of Empires IV might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for Senior Designers to work on in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, we take some of the industry’s most passionate strategy game developers and give them the tools and resources to push the boundaries of the RTS genre. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to be challenged, learn from the people around you and create games that people will reference for generations to come.
Specifically, we have immediate openings in the following disciplines:
- Social Systems and Progression
However, if you're talented & passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you & see your application regardless.
As our Senior Designer you will…
- Set our Design Bar
- Design and implement top quality RTS levels while helping iterate on the design process
- Work with other disciplines to deliver a deeply holistic design – from sound to animation, every element of the game becomes part of the palette of the experience
- Write game scripts, design documents and develop missions that are able to deliver the best game experience while adhering to the overall vision
- Take Ownership
- Be given the ability to use your judgement to determine the direction we should head in
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop solutions
- Act as a Leader on Your Team
- Communicate your ideas with your team, solicit feedback and ensure buy in
- Work collaboratively with our artists and programmers to deliver a holistic game experience
- Be a positive value add on the team. The team will be better by having you on it!
We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer who has…
- A deep passion for strategy games
- Lives and breathes games and game development
- A love for iteration and a desire to push the boundaries of what can be done
- A strong understanding of game design theory, with the ability to design and articulate high quality RTS gameplay and mechanics
- An ability to develop and communicate complex ideas, features and gameplay mechanics
- A strong grip on industry trends within AAA gaming and the broader strategy genre
- 8+ years of design experience on top rated games with at least two successfully published games in a designer or senior designer capacity
- A degree or certificate in a related discipline
- Experience creating high quality, single player missions, with an understanding of pacing, narrative and staging elements
- Experience developing 3D gameplay from paper designs to completion
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience mentoring, leading or instructing other designers
- Strong Relic IP knowledge
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. If that wasn’t enough, we also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan and retirement savings plan. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.