Are you a natural problem solver?
Are you a methodical and analytical engineer who loves a good challenge?
If so, our Senior Programmer openings on an exciting unannounced title might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for Senior Programmers to join the team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
W are always looking for Senior Programmers who are excited to code in all disciplines: AI, Engine & Optimization, Build, Gameplay, Rendering, Tools and UI.
As our Senior Programmer, here's what you might be doing...
- Maintain and develop features for our game and the tools that go with it
- Contribute ideas on all aspects of game production and development
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Roll up your sleeves and work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
We're looking for someone who has...
- 8+ years’ experience in games or has shipped multiple AAA or console titles
- A post-secondary education (degree) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of C#, Java, Action Script 3, and Lua
- A love for games: You’re a gamer with a passion for creating the best games for our players
- A down to earth attitude: You strive to be the best in your field and you welcome feedback, change, and real talk!
- Passion to evolve and grow: You want to hone your craft to create a legacy while contributing to Relic’s roadmap to the future
It's a bonus if you...
- Experience with MFC
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.