Are you a seasoned gameplay programmer with a desire to make an impact?
Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone?
If so, our Senior Gameplay Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building gameplay features on an exceptional strategy game. You’ll collaborate across disciplines, while acting as a technical expert for the gameplay features that you own.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will…
- Collaborate with game designers to develop and implement their vision of gameplay features
- Architect gameplay systems from scope definition to testing stages
- Identify and solve performance issues
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers and leads
- Bring additional value to the team and our products by mentoring more junior programmers on best practices
You are a great fit if you have…
- Professional game industry experience
- Shipped 1+ AAA title(s) on PC or console
- Recent and relevant C++ experience with a focus on Gameplay
- Expertise within object oriented analysis and design, AI, and physics
- Experience working closely with designers to gather requirements, clarify designs, and iterate on implementation; and documenting use cases and best practices
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree or the equivalent in experience
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork, and getting the job done
- Passion, creativity, and a desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Enjoy playing and creating strategy games
- Have experience with proprietary game engines
- Have a website or Github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.