Are you skilled at partnering with artists and programmers to bring out the best in UI?
Are you a creative problem solver who is passionate about delivering high quality experiences to players?
If so, our UI Technical Artist role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We're looking for a UI Technical Artist to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver
As a UI Technical Artist you will…
- Use XAML to implement in-game UI – turn high fidelity mockups into working software.
- Work with UI artists, designers and engineers to build AAA user interfaces. You will be a bridge between art and engineering, bringing best-in-class game UI to life.
- Help develop a custom UI system and tools
- Establish pipelines and best practices to build front end technology and processes that will be used across the studio’s portfolio of games.
You would be a good fit if you…
- Have 3+ years of experience building game interfaces.
- Enjoy implementing designs to pixel perfection.
- Have excellent knowledge of markup languages, especially XAML and/or HTML.
- Have worked with C#
- Are eager to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Are a collaborator and can work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and interactive setting.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Have motion graphics / After Effects skills.
- Working knowledge of UX/UI principles.
- Have knowledge or experience with C++
Are you game? We'd like to hear from you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We're looking for a UI Technical Artist to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio. We get to work on projects that we’re proud of. We work hard to be the best at what we do, and we do that by constant curiosity and learning, striving for excellence, building on each other’s ideas and innovation, and celebrating each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.