Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We’re looking for an Generalist Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building an exceptional strategy game, collaborating across disciplines as a technical expert for applications.
As our Generalist Programmer you will...
- Maintain and develop supporting features for the game and the tools that go with it
- Contribute ideas on all aspects of game production and development
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Work with our core team to triage and solve project specific issues
- Work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
- Support our studio by mentoring less experienced programmers on best practices
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3 years’ experience in games or has shipped a AAA or console title
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
- A love for games!
It's a bonus if you have...
- Knowledge of Real Time Strategy (RTS) games
- Experience with networking and online systems code
- Knowledge of C#, Java, and Lua
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
This is Relic...
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.