Senior Gameplay Programmer (Pathfinding Specialist)
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes. We’re looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building gameplay features on an exceptional strategy game, collaborating across disciplines as a technical expert for Navigation and Pathfinding.
As our Gameplay Programmer (Pathfinding Specialist), you will...
- Collaborate with game designers to develop and implement their vision of RTS unit navigation and pathfinding
- Architect navigation and pathfinding systems from scope definition to testing stages
- Identify and solve performance issues
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers and leads
- Support our studio by mentoring less experienced programmers on best practices
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Experience with navigation and pathfinding techniques for large scale RTS including A*, Flow/Vector Field, and Steering
- 7+ years’ professional game industry experience
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Expertise within object oriented analysis and design, AI, and physics
- Experience working with other people’s code
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork, learning, and getting the job done
- Passion, creativity and a desire to make a significant impact
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- Enjoy playing and creating strategy games
- Have experience with proprietary game engines
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.