Are you an energetic and professional partner; are you passionate about supporting a productive and healthy workplace?
Do you want to help shape positive people and culture programs?
If so, our Talent (HR) Partner role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Talent (HR) Partner to join our Talent team in Vancouver.
As a Talent (HR) Partner you will…
- Add value and expertise to our employee relations and engagement efforts including immigration & relocation, compensation and recognition, diversity & inclusion, learning & development
- Be a leader throughout the studio by striving for positive support, innovation, and growth
- Be a go-to coach and business partner by building meaningful relationships, asking thoughtful questions, and guiding and supporting leaders in growing high-performance teams
- Be open and candid with managers and employees and aligned with our commitment to being human, respectful, honest, and collaborative
- Partner effectively with our Leadership and Talent teams to develop, champion, and deliver talent programs including performance management, guidelines and processes, and identifying opportunities within our current programs to ensure they scale with the studio
- Stay on top of industry best practices and continually find ways to improve our employee experience by attending events, being an active and positive ambassador in our industry, and coaching/teaching best practices across the studio
- Hold yourself and others accountable to creating and ensuring the best employee experience in the games industry
- Represent our company and culture during onboarding, manager training, and community outreach activities
You would be a good fit if you have…
- 3-5 years HR experience plus HR-related post-secondary education
- Excellent judgment, an ability to work independently, the awareness of when to ask for help
- Strong and consistent attention to detail and high level of maturity, especially when working with employee information or confidential materials
- A desire to solve problems and brainstorm creative solutions, connect with others, get to the bottom of problems, and make everything around you better
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills, including effective planning, project management, and delivery within a creative and dynamic environment
- A desire to work on a hands-on team, move between tactical and strategic work, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Extensive experience with advising and providing active support to leaders, ie thinking on your feet, coaching others through complex situations, asking questions that lead to sound decisions
- A balance of kindness and trust, coupled with strong communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
- Growth mindset – willing and able to learn, be self-aware, adapt, grow, share and receive feedback
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite as well as ATS and HRIS systems like Greenhouse & BambooHR
It’s a bonus if you …
- Have experience working in the games, tech, or software industry
- Are CPHR certified or working towards obtaining your designation
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.