Are you an effective communicator who enjoys collaborating, inspiring and mentoring?
Do you have an eye for quality and a passion for creating challenging gameplay?
If so, our Senior Mission Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA is the award-winning developer of genre-defining RTS games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We’re looking for a permanent full-time Senior Mission Designer to join an unannounced project at our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
As a Senior Mission Designer you will…
- Help drive and support the Mission team in designing and implementing top-quality RTS missions
- Interact with project leads to communicate mission status, flag issues and pursue solutions
- Act as a mentor and a champion for quality by giving constructive feedback that brings out the best in team members
- Ensure a balance between design ambition and production constraints to create challenging, engaging, and rewarding campaign experiences
- Create high quality design documents and clearly communicate vision and goals
- Quickly prototype & build missions, gathering actionable feedback and iterating often
- Collaborate closely and effectively with level artists, narrative designers and the core gameplay team to deliver the best player experiences possible
- Identify and pursue mission production methodologies and best practices that improve iteration time & quality levels
You are a great fit if you have…
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Mission Designer capacity
- Built and encouraged strong communication and trust between teammates, teams, and disciplines
- Developed high-quality single player content with an understanding of strategic, pacing and narrative elements
- Experience developing 3D gameplay spaces from paper designs to completion using level editors
- A strong understanding of game design theory, with the ability to design, communicate and implement high quality RTS gameplay and mechanics
- Led the building and mentorship of a strong mission design team
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Strong Relic IP knowledge
- Workflow or tools improvement experience
- A passion for games!
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.