Do you enjoy creating solutions that pave the way for the best player experience?
If so, our User Interface Programmer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re looking for a Programmer UI to work in our Vancouver studio. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building scalable and cross platform UI technology for our projects.
As our User Interface Programmer, here’s what you will be doing...
- Working with a multidisciplinary team to conceptualize & build out interfaces
- Researching and developing new game UI systems and infrastructure
- Building tools and pipelines to support UI content creators
- Developing, setting and enforcing best practices for screen creation, layout, behavior and styles
You are a great fit if you have…
- 3+ years’ experience working in C++
- Experience in UI development
- Knowledge of WPF
- Developed UI architectures in previous roles
- Experience building UI for online & data-driven experiences
- Experience collaborating with server engineers
- Initiative to identify problems and drive efforts to craft solutions
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
- A love for games!
It is a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.