Are you a collaborator and effective at bringing your ideas to life?
Are you passionate about designing challenging and entertaining player experiences?
If so, our Mission Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA is the award-winning developer of genre-defining RTS games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Mission Designer to join an unannounced project at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada.
As a Mission Designer you will…
- Lead the charge in designing and implementing top-quality RTS player experience
- Write design documents and clearly communicate vision and goals for your missions
- Build out and quickly prototype missions, gathering actionable feedback and iterating often
- Work collaboratively with level artists, narrative designers and the core gameplay team to deliver the best player experience possible
- Solicit and integrate feedback from all disciplines within the team as well as our player community
- Share constructive feedback with your teammates, helping to make the game even better
- Balance design ambition with production constraints
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop preventative solutions
You are a great fit if you have…
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a Mission Designer capacity
- Developed high-quality singleplayer content with an understanding of strategic, pacing and narrative elements
- Experience developing 3D gameplay spaces from paper designs to completion using level editors
- A strong understanding of game design theory, with the ability to design, communicate and implement high quality RTS gameplay and mechanics
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Strong Relic IP knowledge
- Workflow or tools improvement experience
- A passion for games!
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.