Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We’re looking for a Senior Network Programmer to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
As an integral part of the Network and Server team, you will lead the design and implementation of infrastructure and platforms to support our online and multiplayer features. You will have an opportunity to shape our long-term technical roadmap as we scale our systems to support multiple game titles.
As a Senior Network Programmer, you will…
- Contribute ideas on all aspects of game production and development
- Develop server infrastructure needed for the next generation of our games
- Iterate a growing service-based platform to support multiple titles across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Leverage your exceptional communication skills to own relationships with internal and external partners
You’re a great fit if you have…
- 7+ years in a server programming role
- Post-secondary education (degree) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Strong knowledge of C++ and Java
- Familiar with various protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets
- Experience developing web services and database deployments to service millions of users
- Experience with cluster development
- Experience writing multithreaded code and distributed algorithms
- A love for games: You’re a gamer with a passion for creating the best games for our players
- A down to earth attitude: You strive to be the best in your field and you welcome feedback, change, and real talk!
- Passion to evolve and grow: You want to hone your craft to create a legacy while contributing to Relic’s roadmap to the future
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- An interest in the tech or gaming industry
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.