Do you believe in collaboration and creating compelling gameplay systems?
Are you an inspiring team member and a technical thinker who takes pride in what you help produce?
If so, our Systems Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
Address: 500 - 285 West 5th Ave, Vancouver, B.C. V5Y 1J3
We are looking for a Systems Designer to join the Age of Empires IV development team at our studio in beautiful Vancouver. As an integral part of the franchise and studio, you will partner with content creation, interface and engineering talent as part of a group dedicated to making top quality RTS experiences. You will have an opportunity to work collaboratively with smart and creative people and contribute to the success of our studio and our next game.
This is a full time permanent position requiring English language proficiency. Salary CAD $88,000 - $130,000 DOE.
As a Systems Designer you will…
- Own and implement systems designed to engage and rewards our players
- Create clear proposal & spec documentation to be used by all departments
- Provide leadership and guidance to mixed-discipline teams working on key areas of the game
- Partner with research, community and peer groups to gather and analyze data to validate game design intentions as part of a player first culture
- Mentor other Designers and strive to improve the quality of overall product design at our studio
You are a great fit if you have…
- Strong understanding and love of RTS games and mechanics
- A keen awareness of design and the ability to successfully learn our tools to implement your ideas
- A track record of AAA published titles
- A passion and talent for mentorship
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A technical mindset and is also a conceptual thinker
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
- A bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience in systems design
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience in statistics and data analysis in order to balance the game, determine probabilities and make data informed design decisions
- Familiarity with scripting languages and/or proprietary tool sets
- Diverse personal interests outside of work
- A love for Relic games!
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official benefits include relocation and immigration assistance, an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
For further information please contact:
Address: 500 - 285 West 5th Ave, Vancouver B.C. V5Y 1J3