Are you driven to partner with artists and programmers to bring out the best in UI?
Do you want to push creative and technical boundaries to help set the quality bar within the industry?
If so, our UI Technical Artist (Front End Development) role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. We're looking for a UI Technical Artist (Front End Development) to join our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
As a UI Technical Artist you will…
- Author and implement game UI – work with UX, UI Designers and Engineers to implement screens and animations using XAML and WPF.
- Work with UI artists and engineers to build AAA user interfaces. You will be a bridge between art and engineering, bringing best-in-class game UI to life.
- Establish pipelines and best practices to build front end technology and processes that will be used across the studio’s portfolio of games.
- Develop and maintain a UI design system, working with other UI artists and engineers to help build and maintain a library of UI controls, styles, and best practices.
- Partner with artists, designers, engineers, UX and UR to prototype and prove out various UI and gameplay concepts.
You would be a good fit if you…
- Are a collaborator and can work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and interactive setting.
- Have a passion for problem solving, and a desire to prototype and tinker.
- Enjoy getting designs pixel-perfect.
- Are eager to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Have excellent knowledge of markup languages, especially XAML.
- Know how to build user interfaces for the web, mobile or games.
- Master Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD).
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge working with Cinema 4D, Maya or other 3D package.
- Motion graphics skills, experience working with After Effects.
- Working knowledge of UX/UI principles and deliverables.
Are you game? We'd like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio. We get to work on projects that we’re proud of. We work hard to be the best at what we do, and we do that by constant curiosity and learning, striving for excellence, building on each other’s ideas and innovation, and celebrating each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.