Do you have what it takes to imagine the future of the RTS genre?
Can you help forge the path of strategy gaming and how people play?
If so, our Senior Campaign Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re looking for a permanent full-time Senior Campaign Designer to join an unannounced project at our studio in beautiful Vancouver.
This is a full time permanent position requiring English language proficiency.
As a Senior Campaign Designer you will…
- Work with the campaign team to design and implement a AAA-quality campaign, including deep strategy mechanics and player-led narratives
- Develop game modes, systems, controls, interfaces and interactive elements that can deliver a strategy gameplay experience
- Clearly communicate complex ideas, features and gameplay mechanics
- Solicit and integrate feedback from all disciplines, levels and our player community
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines to deliver a player-first, holistic game experience
- Ensure game design is in alignment with greater game vision and the team as a whole
- Balance design ambition with production constraints
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop solutions
You would be a good fit if you…
- Have shipped at least one AAA title in a senior designer capacity from conception to market
- Have helped create some of the best turn-based strategy games in the market
- Have managed a team of designers, mentoring them and guiding them through a production
- Developed single-player content with an understanding of strategic, pacing and narrative elements
- A bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience in campaign design
- A minimum of 1 year of experience
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Workflow or tools improvement experience
- Strong Relic IP knowledge
Are you game? We'd like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.