Do you have what it takes to imagine the future of the RTS genre?
Can you help forge the path of strategy gaming and how people play?
If so, our Senior Campaign Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Senior Campaign Designer to join an unannounced project at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada.
As a Senior Campaign Designer you will…
- Work with the campaign team to design and implement a AAA-quality campaign, including deep strategy mechanics and player-led narratives
- Develop game modes, systems, controls, interfaces and interactive elements that can deliver a strategy gameplay experience
- Clearly communicate complex ideas, features and gameplay mechanics
- Solicit and integrate feedback from all disciplines, levels and our player community
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines to deliver a player-first, holistic game experience
- Ensure game design is in alignment with greater game vision and the team as a whole
- Balance design ambition with production constraints
- Anticipate, identify and articulate problem areas and develop solutions
You would be a good fit if you…
- Have shipped at least one AAA title in a senior designer capacity from conception to market
- Have helped create some of the best turn-based strategy games in the market
- Have managed a team of designers, mentoring them and guiding them through a production
- Developed single-player content with an understanding of strategic, pacing and narrative elements
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Workflow or tools improvement experience
- Strong Relic IP knowledge
What’s in it for you: You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton.
A bit about Relic: We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio. We get to work on projects that we’re proud of. We work hard to be the best at what we do, and we do that by supporting each other’s great ideas and celebrating each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio events.
Are you game? We want to talk to you!
Apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and please tell us a little about yourself. What are you excited to work on and how would you like to make an impact? We will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.