Are you a seasoned AI programmer with a desire to make an impact on our next title? Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone? If so, our AI Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Lead AI Programmer to join our Age of Empires IV team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada.
As an integral part of our development team, you will have an opportunity to lead the design, direction, and implementation of Artificial Intelligence systems for Age of Empires IV.
As our Lead AI Programmer you will...
- Research and develop cutting edge real time strategy AI at multiple levels including, squad, and campaign
- Examine new game features, and design AI systems to utilize them
- Develop, set and enforce AI development best practices
- Optimize existing AI functionality to meet CPU and memory performance budgets
- Plan AI development and help set the technical vision across multiple titles
- Maintain and update tools for AI debugging and development
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 7+ years’ experience in AI for games
- Has shipped cutting edge AAA for multiple AAA or console titles
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong knowledge of C++
- A positive attitude, sense of humour, and a love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience with using machine learning to create solutions
- Knowledge of C#, Lua
- A website or github account with samples of your codeThis is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
More official perks include an extended benefits package, RRSP matching program, local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.