Are you a seasoned gameplay programmer with a desire to make an impact?
Do you believe that creating games is bigger than what one person can do alone?
If so, our Senior Gameplay Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building gameplay features on an exceptional strategy game. You’ll collaborate across disciplines, while acting as a technical expert for the gameplay features that you own.
As our Senior Gameplay Programmer you will…
- Collaborating with game designers to develop and implement their vision of gameplay features
- Architecting gameplay systems from scope definition to testing stages
- Identifying and solving performance issues
- Providing regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers and leads
- Supporting our Principal Programmers in mentoring more junior programmers on best practices
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent in experience
- 5+ years’ professional game industry experience
- Shipped 1+ successful AAA title(s) on PC or console
- Fluent in C++
- Expertise within object oriented analysis and design, AI, and physics
- Experience working with other people’s code
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork and getting the job done
- Passion, creativity and a desire to make a significant impact
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Enjoy playing and creating strategy games
- Have experience with proprietary game engines
- Have a website or Github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: