Do you believe in pushing creative boundaries to set the quality bar within the industry?
Want to be the torchbearer of the artistic vision for the team?
If so, our UI Designer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time UI Designer to join our Age of Empires IV team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the UI team, you will design mock-ups, prototypes, and game assets for Relic’s titles. You will have an opportunity to design rich user interfaces for AAA strategy titles.
As our UI Designer you will…
- Design high quality interfaces and experiences for real time strategy games
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface
- Build and maintain the UI style guide along with other designers
- Work closely with programmers, artists and designers to design and implement UI
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Post-secondary degree in Design (graphic, product, communication, etc)
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant industry (games, mobile, or web)
- Strong visual design skills (composition, layout, typography, color theory)
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency of UI design software. (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or XD)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and drive UI vision
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of user centered design principles, or relevant experience with UX
- Traditional 2D sketching and illustration skills
- Basic 3D knowledge, with a focus on rendering
- A love for games! OR An interest in the tech or gaming industry
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: