Do you have a strong musical sense and technical audio game chops?
Are you a communicator, collaborator, and team player?
If so, our Audio Designer (Interactive Music) role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for an Audio Designer to join our Age of Empires IV team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the Audio team, you will create and implement innovative, immersive, and interactive music designs. You will have an opportunity to showcase your music implementation skills and be exposed to all areas of game design and development.
As our Audio Designer you will…
- Collaborate with our team to create state of the art interactive music playback systems
- Work with and design audio assets that fit the franchise’s style and aesthetic tone
- Integrate audio assets into the sound engine using Wwise and our proprietary tools
- Create and communicate innovative concepts based on franchise and audio goals
- Post, edit and mix non-linear media when required
We’re looking for someone who has…
- A keen awareness of interactive Music Systems and how they contribute to gaming experience
- 5+ years of audio experience in games, including:
- A proven ability to create and design Audio and Music Systems
- A solid base of technical audio theory both for sound design, Music, and as it relates to games
- Editing and mixing non-linear media and Music (ex. trailers, in-game cinematics, etc.)
- Conceptualizing and executing audio features and playback systems.
- Identifying and solving technical and aesthetic problems
- Ability to work under tight schedules and reliably hit milestones
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience working with Wwise/FMOD/UE4 or similar
- Some music compositional experience
- Scripting experience (Lua and likewise)
- Familiar with RTS and/or Relic games
- A love for games! OR An interest in the tech or gaming industry
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: