Do you believe in using high quality animation to bring ideas to life and captive audiences?
Are you a talented animator who loves games and is stoked to be a part of making amazing games?
If so, our Senior Animator role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Senior Animator to join Age of Empires IV team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our Animation team, you will be challenged to continually raise the bar by creating high-caliber and action-oriented animations.
As our Senior Animator you will…
- Create high quality animations for characters, vehicles, weapons and various other game object
- Participate in the choreography, recording and clean-up of motion capture
- Continually test, problem solve and polish your animations
- Partner our Lead Animator to support our vision of creating high-quality and realistic animations
- Work closely with Designers, Artists and Programmers to ensure the quality and integration of animations
- Hustle to meet project deadlines while ensuring quality is never compromised
- Elevate the team by being enthusiastic about your developing your skills and passionate about what you do
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 5+ years animation experience – preference for experience in the games or film industry
- Extensive experience with both keyframe and motion capture animation
- Deep knowledge of Autodesk Motion Builder, coupled with a thorough understanding of Autodesk Maya or Max
- Hustle, initiative and problem-solving skills (we’re in gaming and things are constantly changing so we need someone who can be a self-starter in a busy environment!)
- A deep passion to create high quality animation and also, a love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Worked in the gaming industry or have shipped games!
- A strong understanding of the requirements and mechanics of creating AAA games and/or gameplay animation
- Experience mentoring or leading other animators
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: