Is pushing the boundaries of UI in AAA games interesting to you?
Do you enjoy creating solutions that pave the way for the best player experience?
If so, our UI Programmer opportunity might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Age of Empires IV among others games and we’re on the hunt for UI Programmers to work in our Vancouver studio. These soon to be Relicans will join our Age of Empires IV or unannounced project team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of building scalable and cross platform UI technology for our projects.
As our UI Programmer, here’s what you will be doing...
- Working with a multidisciplinary team to conceptualize & build out interfaces
- Researching and developing new game UI systems and infrastructure
- Building tools and pipelines to support UI content creators
- Developing, setting and enforcing best practices for screen creation, layout, behavior and styles
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 3+ years’ experience in UI development
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Experience with WPF
- Knowledge of C#, Java, and Lua
- Initiative to identify problems and drive efforts to craft solutions
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- A love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Developed UI architectures in previous roles
- A website or github account with samples of your code
- Experience building UI for online & data-driven experiences
- Experience collaborating with server engineers
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. If that wasn’t enough, we also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan and retirement savings plan. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.