Do you believe in pushing creative boundaries to set the quality bar within the industry?
Want to be the torchbearer of the artistic vision for the team?
If so, our Senior 3D Environment Artist role on our Age of Empires IV team might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of the award-winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, (and now!) Age of Empires IV and we’re on the hunt for a permanent full-time Senior 3D Environment Artist to work in our Vancouver studio. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As a Senior 3D Environment Artist, you will…
- Collaborate with Directors and Leads in Art and other departments to set the visual standard for both hard surface and organic models and props for set dressing environments while maintaining frame rate, memory and design spec and maintaining art vision.
- Work with leads and production management to set tasks, priorities and time estimates.
- Mentor junior and mid-level artists as to best practices, techniques and optimisations.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 5+ years’ experience or at least 3 shipped AAA PC/Console title in games modeling environments using Max and Substance Painter.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling and texturing.
- Strong artistic ability to visualize assets and detail with minimal concept art and direction.
- Proficient technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean and efficient models at a very fast pace.
- Self-motivated, savvy, self-critical, self-sufficient - requires minimal direction, with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage and organize work until all deadlines are met and be flexible when changes happen.
- Effective communication skills. Being proactive and collaborative in sharing info, techniques and assets.
- A team-player approach. Being flexible with new ideas and being open to direction.
- A strong portfolio and/or demo reel that demonstrates modeling and texture skills.
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience developing for RTS genre.
- No hard copies please, must submit via the link.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself, provide your portfolio details and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We’re making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: