Are you an accountant with a love for details and an interest in learning and growing within the tech & gaming industry?
Does being able to work in the creative environment of a video game studio sound exciting to you?
If so, our Accountant role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and now Age of Empires IV among others games and we’re on the hunt for an Accountant to work in our Vancouver studio. This soon to be Relican will join our finance team. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
This is a unique opportunity to use your financial background to support our studio in making awesome AAA games.
As our Accountant, you’re someone who has…
- Earned your degree or diploma in Accounting or spent the last 3+ years racking up full cycle accounting experience, all while becoming an Excel guru.
- The project management skills to organize and prioritize tasks as needed so that deadlines are met without compromising accuracy.
- An understanding of accounting principles.
- An analytical intuition and ability to solve problems. You can pinpoint inaccuracies on sheets and work through a fix.
- A natural ability to build strong candid relationships.
- Strong communication skills. You can break down hard to understand technical details to stakeholders in a way that is easy for them to action.
- Take on all activities related to full cycle accounting at the studio including journal entries, reconciliations, and identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Create and maintain project logs with milestones and an easy to access system for all contract owners.
- Maintain a file directory system on a network that is geared towards e-filing.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly financial statements and detailed variance analysis, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time.
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports.
- Act as the point of contract for all vendor related questions (i.e. vendor setup, payment processing, etc.).
- Own full cycle accounts payable with expense report processing, PST self-assessments, GST filings, and WCB filings.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing our current process and recommending improvements.
PS - It’s a bonus if you have…
- Worked with NetSuite or an equivalent cloud based accounting system.
- A love for games!
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal with a resume and cover letter! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We’re making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: