Are you a hands-on leader and problem solver?
Do you have a passion for making games, organizing projects, and leading high performers?
If so, our Producer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes and Age of Empires, and we’re on the hunt for a Producer to join our Age of Empires IV and Core Tech team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of our franchise and studio, you will manage your team’s day to day development activity, challenges, and successes. You will strive for the highest level of engagement and productivity, guiding your team to ensure projects exceed expectations for deadlines, budget, collaboration, and quality. You will pull together the “how,” “when,” and “who” of the project. You will be challenged to support your team in coming up with more effective ways of working, constantly motivating and supporting them to make the best games, and encouraging them to laugh & have fun along the way
As one of our Producers you will…
Lead a game feature area or team by managing employee careers and project deadlines, risks, budgets, and goals;
- Maintain the overall vision of the product in partnership with technical leads from all disciplines – ensuring your team is always driving and collaborating towards the same big goals
- Partner with your Executive Producer to:
- define the high-level project plan (including key milestones and staffing requirements) and own day-to-day project management;
- monitor financial planning and spending, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development;
- be the go-to person for your team, studio management, and partners for everything to do with your designated project area;
- Manage individual and team performance, including motivating, mentoring and empowering people to achieve results;
- Partner with your technical leaders (design, art, programming, animation audio & QA) to ensure communication is open and clear;
- Support your team with their career goals – with honest conversations, 1:1’s, constructive feedback and a commitment to support their goals and growth;
- Support our recruiting and hiring goals by actively participating in our recruiting process;
- Encourage an open, honest and positive team environment; create a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and makes the studio a better place!
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 2 - 7+ years of experience in game development and production;
- 3+ years of people management or leadership, with experience creating high performing teams and solid project plans;
- Proven ability to bring the right people together to craft solutions, solve problems, minimize risk, and deal with the unexpected;
- Exceptional project management experience, including tools like VersionOne, JIRA, or sticky note walls, and comfort communicating and reporting progress, risk, and dependencies;
- A deep sense of ownership over results, as well as your own development and learning and the development of the team;
- Experience being a high performer in gaming or software development;
- A passion for making great games and building amazing teams!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience making AAA games in a PC or console studio;
- Experience managing central teams or shared services;
- Experience managing external development services or teams like QA or localization.
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, it includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Note: We are currently only able to accept applications from individuals who are legally qualified to work in Canada.
Have you heard? We're making Age of Empires IV!
Check out the trailer here and follow along on social: