Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at Relay you’ll be responsible for building the next generation payments network. You’ll help fleet managers get visibility into spending and perform accurate accounting, you’ll build fast and reliable systems that keep America running. You’ll sweat the details to create an amazing user experience that is intuitive and performant for multiple stakeholders in the lifecycle of a transaction.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
What Makes a Great Fit
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience leading large projects/initiatives on a team
- Experience mentoring other engineers - leveraging pair programming, thoughtful feedback in code reviews, helping with problem/solution discovery
- You might prefer working on the backend or frontend, but are comfortable working across the stack to deliver solutions end to end.
- Experience building and consuming APIs
- You strongly value automated testing and implementing good testing practices
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting the number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, and can articulate tradeoffs well.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers
- Strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience with presenting technical projects / problems to non-technical folks and are able to justify the business reasons
- Experience working closely with EMs to drive process improvements @ the team level or department level
- Familiarity with parts of our stack
GoLang, PostgreSQL, Docker, AWS, React, React Native, git
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join one of Atlanta’s best-funded, most well-positioned fintech start-ups
- We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- We treat you like an adult with our “Be Reasonable” PTO policy
- Highly valuable equity grant - be an owner!
- This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our entrepreneurial, people-first, high-performance culture!
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.