Product Manager, Mobile
Relay Payments is seeking an experienced Product Manager who can work with a team of designers and engineers to build amazing products for drivers, carriers, brokers, and shippers. As one of our early product hires, you will help define and evolve our product strategy, always focusing on delivering value to our users. This will require partnership and collaboration across various internal teams, a deep understanding of our customers, and the ability to deliver financial products and streamline complex business flows via a fantastic user experience.
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. We’re working hard to ensure America continues running during COVID-19, and well beyond. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and industry-specific checks (similar to cashiers checks) since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their drivers to ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
We’re looking for ambitious team members who share our values and are ready to think bigger!
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
About You (Responsibilities & Qualifications)
- Drive mobile product development from an early stage while working closely with engineering, design, and various customer-facing teams
- Deeply understand customer needs by spending time with customers, sales, and support and observing patterns/trends across their feedback and the market
- Deliver industry leading products and user experiences by combining a deep understanding of business strategy with creative product strategy
- Advocate for our users through thoughtful product decisions that define our roadmap
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and processes that allow us to scale the product management function at various stages of our growth
- Define and establish metrics that allow insights into the success of our products
- Use data and customer feedback to constantly iterate and evolve our product offering
- Minimum 4 years’ product management experience
- Experience managing software products from ideation to launch - including managing the product vision, day-to-day prioritization, design, and go-to-market strategy
- A commitment to continuous product improvement based on customer feedback and data
- The drive to flourish with minimal guidance; you are proactive and thrive in uncertain and ambiguous environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a talent for detailed articulations of problems we face as a business and how to solve them
- The ability to evaluate product decisions and trade-offs while being hyper-focused on delivering value for our customers
- Comfortable using large datasets and leveraging insights to make decisions
- Experience in high growth startups
- Experience working on complex financial products in the payments and/or risk management space
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence small teams of engineers and designers towards a common goal (providing updates, meeting deadlines, and driving decisions forward)
- Experience creating a centralized product feedback process that helps contribute to quarterly planning and product prioritization
- Experience writing/editing/contributing to documentation, training materials, help articles to support product launches
- Running QA testing programs for product launches
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join a well-funded, explosively growing start-up at the “ground floor”.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We’ve taken the time to crack the code on what traits/characteristics are setting team members up to be wildly successful in our environment - and we’re committed to SHARING the formula and playbook!
- Quarterly bonuses!
- We treat you like an adult with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including robust medical insurance and a 401k match.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.